Easy Cooler Corn for a Crowd
It’s Incredibly Easy.
Here’s Everything you need to Know:
You can fit up to 350 half ears of corn or 175 full ears in two 150 quart coolers. 400 half ears or 200 full ears will easily fit into two 165 quart coolers.
- Husk the corn, then if desired, break the ears in half. NOTE: This is a great job for the youth in the group. (Just sayin’) Alternatively if you’re working with smaller batches, America’s Test Kitchen published a suggestion that works beautifully. Simply cut off the stalk end of the corn a couple inches from the bottom, leaving the husk intact. Microwave 1 ear for 2-3 minutes (2 ears for 4-5 minutes). Remove the corn from the microwave, all you need to do is hold the top of the husk (the un-cut end) and shake. The corn will slide right out. (If not, give it another 30 seconds.
- Up to 3 hours before serving, and at least 1 hour, start water boiling.
- You’ll need about 100 quarts of water (50 quarts per cooler) for two 150 quart coolers.
- Divide the cobs evenly between your coolers.
- Pour the boiling water into coolers with corn.
- Close cooler lid and don’t open it for at least 30 minutes, or until time to serve.
Pin for Later
Or Make Now
Here’s another delicious Corn Dish you’ll enjoy:
Mexican Street Corn Casserole
This fabulous casserole combines all the flavor of Mexican Street Corn without all the mess. It’s a real treat around our home.
Submit a Comment
Here’s some other great Large Group recipes.
Welcome to Aloha Dreams!
I'm so glad you dropped by. I'm Betsy. Here you'll find my favorite fabulous, trusted recipes - everything from delicious, quick meals for your family to wonderful classics made easy.
I'm also here to help you with large group recipes from 20 to 200. So next opportunity you get to cook for a large group - Say 'Yes!' Then relax. I've got your back.
Ever wished you could build your dream home? How about building your dream home in a tropical paradise? Join me, room by room, as we design and build a fabulous dream home in Hawaii!
Explore Aloha Dreams
If you're planning a vacation to Hawaii, I've got you covered on the very best places to go! From many amazing restaurants to incredible adventures in the surf and on land, this is your go-to source for unique and exciting things to do on the Big Island of Hawaii. Or just take a Virtual Vacation!! Let's go!
If you've been asked to cook for a large group activity, be it a Girl's Camp or a Graduation Party, say Yes! I'm here to help. From Menus to Game Plans to Recipes, I'll help you keep on schedule and turn out amazingly delicious food if you're cooking for a crowd! My recipes are tested and trusted. Let's cook!
Ever wished you could build your dream home? Like amazing house design and home building ideas? Me too! Join me as I design and build a home on the Big Island of Hawaii. Follow along while I design each room. Enjoy a front row seat for the entire amazing construction process. Let's play!
Would you like to throw a Luau, but not sure where to start? Want to know how to build a tiki bar and roast a pig? Here's everything you need to have a luau. How about a Christmas Feast or even a fabulous dinner for your neighborhood supper club? You've come to the right place. Let's party!
What a great idea! Tried this from our youth camping trip and it worked.